Supervisor: Adriano Zamperini
The micro-politics of subordinated masculinity: Subjectivation practices of young GBTQ+ men
Critical Studies on Men & Masculinities, Transgender Theories, Diary Methods, Autoethnography, Embodiment, Women’s Studies, Queer Studies, Semiotics, Subjectivation
- Romania, V., Primo, D. & Bertoni, F. (2016). Conflict, Integration, Hybridization of Subcultures: An Ecological approach to the case of Queercore. P. Guerra & A. Bennet (a cura di), Keep it Simple Make it Fast! DIY Cultures, Spaces and Places. Book of Abstracts. Porto: Universidade do Porto. Faculdade de Letras. ISBN: 9789898648785
- Primo D. & Meraviglia G. (2016). Forgotten Survivors: Analysis of the Phenomenon of Domestic Violence and Operative Proposals to take charge of Transsexual and Lesbian Women. In S. Pozzolo, & G. Viggiani (Eds.), Investigating Gender-Based Violence. London: Wildy, Simmonds & Hill Publishing
- Testoni, I., Prandelli, M., Primo, D. (2016) ‘Sessualità tra Benessere, Diritti Umani ed Etica Religiosa’ [Sexuality inbetween wellness, human rights and religious ethic]. Rivista di Sessuologia, 39(2-3), 39-46.
- Zamperini, A., Testoni, I., Primo, D., Prandelli, M., & Monti, C. (2015). Because Moms says so: narratives, social recognition and praxis of Italian lesbian mothers. Journal of GLBT Family Studies, 12(1), 91-110. doi: 10.1080/1550428X.2015.1102669
- Prandelli, M., Primo, D., Testoni, I. S. (2015). Mind the Gap. Gender and Human Rights in Italy through the lens of psychosocial and philosophical theories. In A. Lorenzetti, A. & M.F. (ed.), LGBTI Persons and Access to Justice, Londra, Wildy, Simmonds & Hill Publishing.
- Primo, D. (2017). Le micro-politiche delle maschilità subordinate: Percorsi di soggettivazione tra Intersezioni ed appropriazioni [The micro-politics of subordinated masculinity: Paths of subjectification between intersections and appropriations]. Paper presented at the “Attraversamenti delle maschilità. Cura, corpi, pratiche” International Meeting, organized by Università degli Studi di Bergamo (20 ottobre 2017).
- Bertoni, F., Neri, J. & Primo, D. (2017). Uncertain temporalities in spaces of re-appropriation: A trialogic tale on sexual-gendered spaces. Paper presented at the “Espaces Genrés Sexués Queer: Une exploration des dynamiques entre les espaces, les genres et les sexualités” conference, organized by Ecole Nationale d’architecture Paris La Villette. (19 October 2017).
- Primo, D. (2017). ‘Diaries as a research method: The molecular life of narrations’. Paper presented at the “Dialogue, interaction and culture: Multidisciplinary perspectives on language use in everyday life” Conference, organized by International Association of Discourse Analysis and Università degli Studi di Bologna. (11-14 October 2017).
- Primo, D., Zamperini, A. & Testoni, I. (2017). I lack the right to exist. I’m not there: Trans women, online media and subjectification. Paper presented at the “13th Conference of the European Sociological Association”, European Sociological Association, Athens, Greece. (29 August 2017-1 September 2017).
- Primo, D. (2017). Gender as a performative assemblage: the discursive production of men’s subjectivity”. Paper presented at the First CIRQUE Conference “What’s New in Queer Studies?”, organized by Università degli Studi dell’Aquila, L’Aquila, Italy. (30 March 2017-2 April 2017)
- Primo, D. (2017). “Gendered autoethnography: a precarious step towards self-aware research practices”. Paper presented at the European Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Ku Leuven, Leuven, Belgium. (7-10 February 2017)
- Primo, D. (2016). ‘Boys Don’t Write: Pratiche di Ricerca, Maschilità ed Autoetnografia’ [Boys don’t write: Research practices, Masculinity and Autoethnography]. Paper presented at the “Metodologie Qualitative nelle scienze sociali” conference, organized by Università degli Studi “Roma Tre”, AIS Sezione Metodologie e Sezione Sociologia della Religione. (10-11 March 2016)
- Primo, D. & Meraviglia, G. (2015). ‘Le Sopravvissute Dimenticate: Analisi dei fenomeni di violenza domestica e proposte operative per la presa in carico di donne lesbiche e transessuali’ [Forgotten survivors: Analysis of the phenomenon of domestic violence an operative proposals to take charge of transsexual and lesbian women. Paper presented at the La violenza domestica e di appuntamento contro le donne Conference, Università degli Studi di Brescia. (11-12 December 2015)
2015: Training course for the “Servizio Accoglienza Transessuali”, provided by the the SAT-PINK association of Padova and Verona, an association that provides an information and supportive service to transsexual and transgender people.
2014: Master’s degree in “Social, Work and Communication Psychology” at the Università degli Studi di Padova. Thesis: “Beyond pathology, toward self-determination: Meaning paths of transsexual women experience” (Supervisor: Prof. Ines Testoni). Grade: 110L/110.
2012: Bachelor’s Degree in “Psychological sciences of personality and interpersonal relationships” at Università degli Studi di Padova. Thesis: “Something must break: Music and Adolescents” (Supervisor: prof. Emilia Ferruzza). Grade: 110L/110.
Professional and academic experiences:
2016: Member of the organising committee of the First National Conference of PhD students in Social Sciences of the Università di Padova, Department of Philosophy, Sociology, Education and Applied Psychology.
From September 2015: Sportellista Volontario at the Servizio Accoglienza Transessuali in the SAT-PINK association of Padova and Verona.
From March 2015 to January 2016: Academic tutor at the VII edition of the post-graduate course in “Death Studies & the End of Life”, Department of Philosophy, Sociology, Education and Applied Psychology.
From October 2013 to November 2015: Academic tutor at the School of Psychology, Università di Padova.