Supervisor: Riva Claudio
Co-supervisor: Belotti Valerio
Children’s privacy perception and parental monitoring in Turkey
New sociology of childhood, Research with children, Childhood and privacy, Parental authority, Children’s media uses and agency, Discourses and social constructions of childhood.
- Üzümcü, H. E. (2018). Urbanization and changing aspects of children’s leisure time in Turkey: On the run from streets and imprisonment of childhood into indoors, in progress.
- 2018, 28-31 August. The new “outside” understanding: Children’s transforming outdoor play experience in Turkey. Oral contribution to be presented at session The absent presence of children and young people in everyday landscapes at Children; The Royal Geographical Society Institute of British Geographers Annual International Conference. Cardiff, UK: Cardiff University.
- 2017, 18-19 July. A sociological analysis of parental impacts on children’s time outside with peers: A field study in Istanbul. Poster presented at Children and Childhoods Conference. Ipswich, UK: University of Suffolk.
- Brubaker, R. (May 2017). Diyaspora’nın diyasporası (Original title: The ‘diaspora’ diaspora). (Trans. by Hamide Elif Üzümcü), Göç Dergisi, 4 (1), 3-20.
- 2017 – Master’s Degree in Sociology, Anadolu University (Turkey). Thesis: “A sociological analysis of the parental attitudes towards determining free time activities of their children: A field study in Istanbul” Supervisor: Prof. Fuat Güllüpınar.
Master’s research was fully funded by a grant from Unit of Scientific Research Projects under Anadolu University (Award No: 1609E622).
- 2018 – Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Anadolu University (Turkey).
- 2012 – Bachelor’s Degree in English Translation Studies, Istanbul University (Turkey).
- 2013-2015, Translator and interpreter (English) at Liberty Mutual, Istanbul/Turkey.
- 2012, Interpreter (Italian) at Küçükçekmece Municipality, Istanbul/Turkey, International Küçükçekmece Lake Festival.
- 2012, Literary translator (English) at Epsilon Publishing House, Istanbul (Turkey) – Meyer, C. (2014). İsyan ve İhanet (Original title: Beware Princess Elizabeth) (Trans. by. Hamide Elif Üzümcü). Istanbul: Epsilon Yayınevi.
International Voluntary Projects
- 2015 – UNICEF Istanbul (Turkey), Translation (English-Turkish) of reports and projects.
- July 2015 – Ganja (Azerbaijan), European Union funded International Photography Project “Ganja Through the Eyes of European Youth”.
- January 2013 – Athens (Greece), Youth in Action programme “Europe: Paradise Lost?” focused on refugee conditions in Athens.
- July 2010 – Izmir (Turkey), International Voluntary Work camp, Project of “Teaching English and drama skills to children”.
- August 2009 – Barcelona (Spain), European Voluntary Service (EVS), Project on remnants from the Spain Civil War.