Supervisor: Prof.ssa Elena Faccio
PhD Research Project
Social and discursive construction of identity and psychological practices in gender transition paths.
Fields of interest
According to the theoretical perspectives of symbolic interactionism and social constructionism: processes of identity construction and change; gender, body and sexuality; health and deviance; altered states of consciousness; epistemology in the social sciences and clinical psychology and models of intervention in institutional contexts.
Papers in scientific journals
- Iudici, A., Faccio, E., Quarato, M., Neri, J. & Castelnuovo, G. (2017). Getting better acquainted with auditory voice hallucinations (AVHs): a need for clinical and social change. Frontiers in Psychology, 8:1978. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.1978
- Iudici, A., Neri, J., Gennuso V. & Berti, F. (2017). La rilevazione delle competenze genitoriali per la gestione biografica dei figli: un protocollo per l’osservazione e la valutazione. MinoriGiustizia, 4: 201-210. doi: 10.3280/MG2017-004021
- Bertoni, F. & Neri, J. (2016). Oscenità e corpi. Processi di normalizzazione e resistenza in soggetti richiedenti elemosina. Rivista di Scienze Sociali, n.15.
- Faccio, E., Neri, J. & Iudici, A. (2015). Quando dico “scientifico” cosa dico? Valori d’uso del termine nei manuali diagnostici. Scienze dell’interazione, 1-2: 23-40.
- October 19 – 20, 2017. Bertoni, F.; Neri, J. and Primo D. “Uncertain temporalities in spaces of re-appropriation: a trialogic taleon sexual-gendered spaces”, Journées d’étude Espaces Genrés Sexués Queer, Ecole Nationale d’architecture Paris La Villette, Paris.
- September 29 – 1 October, 2017. Neri, J. and Faccio, E. “Gender narratives. The encounter between clinical look and personal experiences in the processes of construction of trans identities”. Contribute in sympsium: “Gender variances in adulthood: the interface between social and clinical issues”, XIX Congresso Nazionale Sezione Psicologia Clinica e Dinamica (AIP), Università degli Studi di Torino.
- March 30 – April 2, 2017. Neri Jessica and Elena Faccio. “Trans* identities and narrative interview: a dialogical and shared encounter”. Third International Conference of Collaborative and Dialogic Practices, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain (Poster).
- February 7 – 10, 2017. Neri Jessica and Elena Faccio. “What does it mean to be scientific in defining psychopathology? An exercise of Perspicuous Representation about the use of the word “scientific” in Diagnostic Manuals”. European Congress of Qualitative Enquiry, University of Leuven, Belgium.
- February 7 – 10, 2017. Neri Jessica, Bertoni Fabio. “Emotions on the wall: the construction of amazement in writing”. European Congress of Qualitative Enquiry, University of Leuven, Belgium (Poster).
Educative and professional experiences
- 2018: Visiting period at Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA. Supervisor: Prof. Kenneth J. Gergen.
- 2018: Visiting period at Instituto Universitario, Centro de Investigação e Intervenção Social, Lisbon, Portugal. Supervisor: Prof. Carla Moleiro.
- 2017: Psychologist with qualification
- 2016-2017: Qualification Course in Forensic Psychology, Institute of Psychology and Psychotherapy (Psicopraxis), Via Longhin, 83 – 35129 Padova.
- 2014-2015: Internship, Department of Philosophy, Sociology, Education and Applied Psychology (FISPPA), University of Padova. Tutor: Prof. Antonio Iudici.
- 2015: Collaboration on the research project “Sento le voci”, Ediveria Association (for the international research and the counseling of “hearing voices”).
- 2014: Internship, AUSL (Modena).
- 2012: Collaboration on the project “Tellure”, University of Padova. Supervisor: Prof. Gian Piero Turchi.
- 2012: Internship, AUSL (Modena).
- 2014: Master’s degree in Clinical-Dynamic Psychology, University of Padova, with honours. Supervisor: Prof. A. Iudici and Co-Supervisor: Prof. ssa E. Faccio (Thesis title: “Science according to diagnosis. Values of use of the term “scientific” in ICD-10, DSM-5 and PDM with the perspicuous representation method”)
- 2014: European Project Program, Erasmus at ISPA, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2012: Bachelor’s degree in Personality and interpersonal relations Psychology, with honours, University of Padova. Supervisor: Prof. ssa E. Faccio (Thesis title: Schizein Phrenos: split mind. A research about language, communication and narrative)