Supervisor: Prof. Ines Testoni
Confined identities. The social construction of the Self and of the Other in prison
Social and critical psychology, stigmatization, deviance and social control, prison and total institutions, drug users, , medicalization, healthcare system, ethnography.
Venusti, M., Meraviglia, G., Rodelli, M., & Testoni, I. (2016). “Sono serva del Signore” o “L’utero è mio”? Prospettive a confronto. La camera blu. Rivista di studi di genere, (15). DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.6092/1827-9198/4095
Testoni, I., Milo, V., Ronconi, L., Feltrin, A., Zamperini, A., Rodelli, M., … & Cillo, U. (2017). Courage and representations of death in patients who are waiting for a liver transplantation. Cogent Psychology, 4(1), 1294333. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/23311908.2017.1294333
Testoni I., Sansonetto G., Ronconi L., Rodelli M., Baracco G., Grassi L. (2017). “Meaning of life, representation of death, and their association with psychological distress”. Palliative & Supportive Care, 1-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1478951517000669
Testoni I., Ghellar T., Zamperini A., Rodelli M., De Cataldo L. (2017). Representations of death among Italian vegetarians: an ethnographic research on environment, disgust and transcendence. Europe’s Journal of Psychology 13(3). DOI: https://doi.org/10.5964/ejop.v13i3.1301
DeSmet A., Rodelli M., Walrave M., Soenens B., Cardon G. & De Bourdeaudhuij I. (2018) Non-heterosexual youth experience higher levels of (cyber-)bullying victimization at a later age than heterosexual youth: results from a cross-sectional school-based survey and recommendations for prevention. Computers in Human Behavior (in press).
Rodelli M., De Bourdeaudhuij I., Dumon, E., Portzky, G. & DeSmet A. (under revision) Which healthy lifestyle factors protect adolescents faced with cyberbullying against the risk for suicidal ideation?. Submitted to Preventive Medicine.
DeSmet A., Rodelli M., Walrave M., Portzky G., Dumon E., Cardon, G., De Bourdeaudhuij I. & Soenens, B. (under revision) The moderating role of parenting in the association between traditional bullying or cyberbullying victimization and mental health among adolescents of different sexual orientations. Submitted to Journal of Youth and Adolescence
Conferences oral presentations:
“Rappresentazioni ontologiche della morte e scelta vegetariana” (Testoni I., Ghellar T., Rodelli M.) Congresso Nazionale AIP 2014, sezione di Psicologia Sociale, 22-24 September 2016, Naples, Italy.
“Dal bisogno ai valori fondamentali: La sala del silenzio come spazio per ripartire dalla relazione con sé stessi” (Testoni I., Nava F.A., Rodelli M.) VI Congresso Nazionale FeDerSerD, 19-21 Ottobre 2016, Palermo, Italy.
“Rappresentazioni ontologiche della morte tra vegetarianesimo e pacifismo” (Ghellar T., Rodelli M.) International Conference “WWIII? Management of death between new social emergencies and their solution”, 3-5 November 2016, Padua, Italy .
“Analisi del fenomeno suicidario: Dalla critica del non pensabile a una possibilità ragionata” (Rodelli M., Giuliana Calabrese E., Mutton Z.) International Conference “WWIII? Management of death between new social emergencies and their solution”, 3-5 November 2016, Padua, Italy.
“Cyberbullismo e rischio suicidario negli adolescenti: il ruolo del supporto sociale” (Rodelli M.) Conference “Contemporaneamente”, Piccolo Opificio Sociologico, 21-23 November 2016, Florence, Italy.
“Spirituality behind the bars” (Rodelli M.) International Conference “Identity Agonies”, 2-4 November 2017, Padua, Italy.
Professional and academic experiences:
- 2017: II International Summer School on Grounded Theory and Qualitative Methods, Pisa University
- 2016-ongoing: Co-investigator in an international research project, in collaboration with the University of Michigan, examining the barriers and facilitators of help seeking after gender based violence. Supervisor: Denise Saint Arnault
- 2017: Member of the Organizative and Scientific Committees of the II National Conference of PhD students in Social Sciences of the Università di Padova.
- 2017: Member of the Organizative Committee of the International Conference “Identity Agonies” helded at the University of Padova.
- 2016: Member of the Organizative Committee of the International Conference “WWIII? Management of death between new social emergencies and their solution”, helded at the University of Padova.
- 2015 – Research internship at the University of Ghent (Faculty of Medicine and Heath Sciences). Supervisor: Prof. Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij. Co-supervisor: Ann DeSmet
- 2015: MSc in Community Psychology, University of Padua. Dissertation title: “The link between cyberbullying involvement and suicidal risk: a protective and risk factors analysis” (Supervisor: Prof. Gini, Co-supervisor: Ann De Smet). Grade: 110L/110
- 2013: BSc in Cognitive Psychology and Psychobiology, University of Padua. Dissertation title: “Contribution to the Italian validation of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scale DASS-21” (Supervisor: Prof. Marta Ghisi). Grade 110L/110