International Migrations, Diaspora and Transnational Studies, Qualitative Methodology, and Contemporary Bangladesh Society.
- Morad, M., and Gombac, J. (2015). Transmigrants, Transnational Linkages and Ways of Belonging: The Case of Bangladeshi Migrants in Italy. Dve domovini / Two Homelands (41), 61-76, Slovenian Migration Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Haque, S., and Morad, M. (2015). Public Attitudes towards Legal Immigrants: A comparative Analysis of France and Germany. Journal of Politics and Administration, 2 (1), Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- Morad, M., Haque, S., & Alam, J. (2014). Contextualizing Formation of Diaspora of Bangladeshi Immigrants in the UK. Research in Social Change, 6(2), 103-128, School of Advanced Social Studies, Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
- Morad, M. (2014). Political Participation of Immigrants through Voting and Representation: The Case of Norway. Raziskave in Razprave / Research and Discussion, 7(3), 3-29, School of Advanced Social Studies, Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
- Morad, M. & Haque, S. (2014). Immigrants’ Citizenship and Social Rights in Liberal Democratic Countries: A Special Focus on Norway. Society and Change, viii (2), 29-45, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Morad, M. (2014). Media Concern and Trend in Fertility in Bangladesh. Innovative Issues and Approaches in Social Sciences, 7(2), 99-112, Slovenia.
- Uddin, N., Hamiduzzaman, M., and Morad, M. (2014). Hazardous Child Labor & Psycho-Physical and Economic Consequences: A study in Sylhet City, Bangladesh. Innovative Issues and Approaches in Social Sciences, 7(1), 18-31, Slovenia.
- Morad, M., Uddin, N., Uddin, J., and Kamal, M. (2007). Women in Workplace and Fertility: A study in Sylhet City, Bangladesh. Sylhet International University Studies, 1(3), 40-48, Bangladesh.
- Kashem, A., and Morad, M. (2008). The Contribution of Manipuri Women in Family Expenditure: An observation (in Bengali). Annual Review of Ethnic Affairs, (4), 77-89.
Article in progress
- Bangladeshi Migrant Association in Italy: Formation and Activities
- Bangladeshi Newcomers in Italian Small Cities: History, Trends, Origin and Profiles
Educational and Professional Experiences
- The Joint European Master in Migration and Intercultural Relations (August 2013), University of Oldenburg (Germany), University of Stavanger (Norway) and University of Nova Gorica (Slovenia). Thesis: Formation of Diaspora through Diasporic and Transnational Linkages: The Case of Bangladeshi Migrants in Padova, Italy.
- Master of Social Sciences in Sociology (1999), Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Sociology (1998). Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
8 Feb 2006–present: Faculty member (currently on study leave), Department of Sociology, Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Sylhet-3114, Bangladesh.
Introduction to Sociology, Social History of Bangladesh, Social Thought, Sociology of Contemporary Bangladesh, Urban Sociology, and Qualitative Analysis of Social Data .
- Dutta, S (2009). Status Discrepancy and Health Facility of Elderly People: A study in Sylhet City, Bangladesh (Undergraduate Thesis).
- Shahin, A. N. (2009). Exploring the forms of cultural change of the Pathra community: A Sociological Investigation (Master Thesis).
- Sultana, N. (2010). The Family Barriers Behind the Dropout of Primary Education of Slum Children: A Sociological Analysis in Sylhet city, Bangladesh (Master Thesis).
- Das, S. (2014). Pattern and Trends of Crime in Dhaka City: A Historical Study (Master Thesis).
- Kar, P. (2016). Feminization of Migration and Violence Against Migrant Women: The Case of Bangladeshi Female Domestic Workers in the Middle East (Master Thesis).
- Worked with NGOs and Research Organization
- 1 Jul 2012-23 Oct 2012: Research Intern, Slovenian Migration Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 1 Sep 2005–7 Feb 2006: Program Officer, Strengthening Household Ability to Development Opportunities Program, Care Bangladesh.
- 1 Feb 2005–31 Aug 2005: Program Officer, Project of Increasing Participation of Women in the Decision Making Process, Chittagong Social Development Forum, Bangladesh.
- 15 Mar 2004–31 Jan 2005: Project Officer, Promoting Rights and Social Justice for Improving Livelihood Security Program, Care Bangladesh and DFID.
- 1 Sep 2002–14 Mar 2004: Project Officer, Improvement of Living Standard of the Hard-Core Poor Project, CARITAS Bangladesh.