Name: Al Amin Rabby
Research interest: Sociology of Migration, Rohingya Refugees, and Sociology of Education,
- Alam Md. Fakhrul; Rabby Al Amin and Pulla, Venkat Rao; (2020); The outbreak of COVID-19, response, and the vulnerabilities of Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh, International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. ijicc.net Special Edition: COVID-19 Life Beyond, September 30 2020. (Scopus)
- Anwar Hossain Mohammed and Rabby, Al Amin(2019); Institutional Constraints to Fishers’ Resilience: Community Based Fishery Management in Bangladesh, Journal of the Commons, Vol-13, Issue 13 2019. (Scopus)
- Rabby Al Amin, Anwar Hossain Mohammed, and Ghani Md.Abdul (2017). Cultural Capital and School Success: A Study on Students of Class-XI in Sylhet City Corporation, Bangladesh. Innovative Issues and Approaches in Social Sciences, Slovenia, vol.10, no.1:87-104, DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.12959/issn.1855-0541.IIASS-2017-no1-art4.(peer reviewed)
- Rabby, Al Amin(2016); Does nationalism cause war? A case study of Burmese Rohingya Ethic group. RESEARCH and DISCUSSION, SloveniaISSN: 1855-4148 UDK: 3, 2016 Vol.9No.1-3.(peer reviewed)
Educational and Professional Experiences
- 2020 – Ongoing Ph.D. Student in Social Sciences. Communications, Interaction and Cultural Constructions, University of Padua.
- 2013-2015 – Erasmus Mundus Joint International Master in International Migration and Social Cohesion (MISOCO). The University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands); The University of Deusto (Spain) and the University College Dublin, (Ireland).
Thesis: Struggle for Education among the Rohingya Refugees from Myanmar living in Bangladesh.
- 2008– Master’s Degree in Social Sciences (Sociology), Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh, Thesis: cultural capital and School Success: A study on grade -XI students from Sylhet City, Bangladesh.
- 2006 – Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science (Sociology), Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh
11 January 2009–present: Faculty member (currently on study leave), Department of Sociology, Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Sylhet-3114, Bangladesh.
Introduction to Sociology, Issues and Methods of Social Research, Qualitative Analysis of Social Data, Industrial Sociology, Social Inequality, Social Demography, and Discourses of Development